Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"Are We Really Signing These Papers Today???"


It happened, it really happened! Fan girl excitement!!!

Today we signed the initial contract to begin the process of building our home. That included an agreement we made with Ball Homes that if we can't sell our current house by the closing date of the new house, they will buy our house for us at a certain price. We feel very lucky that they offer this agreement, because it removes the contingency that we have to sell this house first, which would mean renting somewhere for a long period of time, losing some money, and generally a lot of stress and frustration we hoped to avoid.

My favorite thing about signing the papers was when one of our real estate agents (Mike) told us our new home address. It's catchy and sweet, and there was something very significant about it that I didn't experience with this home or the one before. I guess since we're building it, it feels so very personal, and it truly is ours in every way.

May have been an awkward moment when I said, "We can't report my income yet," and Mike jokingly quipped, "Why? Are you a drug dealer, haha!" and I said in a lowered voice, "Yes. I deal in the drug of romance."

That's me. Always winning, everywhere I go.

The happiest part was seeing Billy smile so big & doing the "happy clapping" with our main real estate agent, Holly. She has been with us for a couple of years now and I'm pretty sure she's as excited about going into the Design Center as we are!

Ball Homes will be doing a home inspection on our current residence on Friday, to double-check that nothing is hugely wrong with it, and then Monday we'll make our first stop in the Design Center to become familiar with it. When we go into selections, it's kind of a quick-decision process, so we're already discussing what we want vs. don't want.

Kitchen style in the model house of our floor plan


Any other crazies out there opt for vinyl flooring in their kitchen and bathrooms instead of tile just because they hate cleaning tile and think the grout gets disgusting? Just throwing that out into the void.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new house! That's super awesome that they will buy your current home if it doesn't sell! I never heard of that before.

    We didn't build our house but it was a brand new home when we bought it. They chose vinyl flooring and I am super thankful! The flooring is dark and hides the dirt well - almost too well! It is nice though with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I think we like the vinyl because it's easier to clean, too! I know the "resale value" goes down but heck, we won't be selling this place any time soon, anyway! Thanks for the input.

    ReplyDelete